In 1947, Jesse Clary Sr. bought a truck to haul school coal; this was the beginning of Clary Trucking. The following year, Jesse Sr. purchased an International wrecker truck that he used for towing and to clean up local accidents. Through the late 1940's and early 1950's, Jesse Sr. hauled coal, gravel, and continued to use the wrecker. In 1956 his son - Jesse Clary Jr., on his 16th birthday obtained his license and began hauling aggregate material and household coal. Through the 1960's, Clary Trucking predominately hauled aggregate materials used for road construction and the company grew to ten trucks.
In 1966, Clary Trucking purchased its first tractor and trailer, a B model Mack and tri-axle trailer, and began hauling coal. The following year, this truck was traded for a new R model Mack. Through the period of 1968-1970, the company transported base material for the construction of Route 32 in southeastern Ohio. Jesse Clary Sr. passed away in 1970, leaving his son, Jesse Clary Jr., to run the business.
Jesse Jr. and his wife Patricia grew the business through the 1970's to include over 15 trucks, hauling coal, foundry sand, and asphalt. In the mid 1970's Jesse and Patricia's three children, Rick, Dan, and Jackie joined the business. In 1978 Clary Trucking Inc. moved to a new larger facility in Richmond Dale, Ohio. Throughout the late 1970's and 80's Clary Trucking Inc. continued to grow, while providing the same quality of service upon which the business was founded.
In the early 1990's, Clary Trucking Inc. expanded to include van and walking floor services. In 2003, the company moved to a new larger facility in Chillicothe, Ohio to facilitate warehousing and cross-docking capabilities. Clary Trucking Inc. continues to provide exceptional service and quality to its customers. Currently, the company has 40 trucks, over 100 trailers, and 4th generation family members assisting in the operation of the business.